Aims and Vision Statement
We have 3 pillars which form what we call ‘The Curzon Factor’ (the fundamental ethos principles which characterise our school);
1) Christian distinctiveness (Matthew 6 v 33 – Seek first the kingdom of God)
2) Collaborative community (1 Corinthians 12 – a body which has many parts)
3) Fulfilling potential and developing giftings (Phil 3 v 14 Press on towards the prize)
We wish to inspire our pupils to seize the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life in order to reach their full potential. We will achieve this by:
- providing children with equal access to a curriculum of quality, which will enable them to develop high level knowledge, understanding, skills and attitudes;
- providing a happy, caring, supportive but challenging atmosphere that is sensitive to the needs of all pupils;
- encouraging our pupils to think for themselves, take initiative and risks thereby developing their self-confidence;
- helping our pupils develop respect for and acceptance of others;
- developing them socially, enabling each child to contribute both as an individual and as a team member;
- fostering an appreciation of the value of participation and the efforts of others.
In line with our aims above, we also aim to:
- provide our pupils with a foundation of Christian principles which they can build their lives on using the example of Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Bible;
- model and teach Christian principles in every aspect of school life, so that children emerge from our care with an understanding of universal values which they have seen worked out in practice;
- provide an environment and atmosphere in which the acknowledgment and worship of God is fully integrated into daily living;
- enable the children to develop a relationship with God through prayer, worship, understanding the bible and fellowship with others, to prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
Learning, sharing and growing under God
To be Christ-like in all that the school does: as educators, employer, neighbour and local stakeholder, Curzon will aim to reflect the Christian faith in a contemporary and Biblical way.
- To provide an education built upon firm Christian foundations.
- To see the Christian ethos permeating the whole of school life.
- To prepare pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities, challenges and experiences of life.
Curzon C of E Combined School values the individuality of all pupils.
We are committed to giving all our pupils every opportunity to achieve the highest of standards.
Within this ethos of achievement, we do not tolerate bullying and harassment of any kind. We aim to reflect the culturally diverse nature of our local, national and global community and society and ensure that the education we offer fosters positive attitudes to all people.
Curzon’s 2018 Equality Objectives are:
Narrow the gap between boys’ and girls’ attainment in Maths in certain year groups where a gap currently exists.
For most travellers to make progress that is at least in line with their peers and/or attain age related expectations.